We will only collect information where it is necessary and if it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purpose for which it was collected.
SHS does not sell or otherwise share your Data collected with third parties. To perform our services, we share the shipment information with third party contractors, such as shippers, consignees and cargo details. We also share your Data with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorised by us to use or disclose your Data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Save for the foregoing, your Data will only be disclosed within our Company and to third parties for the purposes for which it was collected, as authorised and consented by you.
Some customers of ours may outsource all or part of their supply chains to us. Through our business units, we manage these supply chains, focusing on supply chain optimisation, freight forwarding, and international trade and brokerage services for our customers worldwide. In the course of providing our services, we may obtain, use and disclose personal information about our customers’ customers. In these circumstances, we process the information based on the agreement with and instruction given by our customers.
The types of Data that we may collect from you include:-
• Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address, and telephone or fax or mobile number);
• Trading or shipment information that is of privy to us (such as information provided to us regarding your shipments, shippers’ and consignees’ details, information given that helps us to form a better logistics consultation for you); and
• Other personal information that may be provided to us.
The Data we collect from you will be used and/or shared within our Company and to third parties for one or the following purposes:-
• Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
• Process your enquiry and provide you with our feedback and consultation;
• Perform our services as engaged or instructed by you;
• Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so;
• Offer your products or services we believe may interest you; and
• Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena) (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
SHS is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, in particular, its policies as well as corresponding guidelines and orders.
We may store and process your Data on our computers wherever located and in any other medium.
We may retain your Data up to the maximum period permitted for legitimate purposes. We may, over time, delete your Data from our record if it is no longer relevant to us. SHS endeavours to ensure that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:-
• Allowing access to your Data only via controlled means;
• Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
• Securely destroying your Data when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes
You may also write to us at:-
Syarikat Perkapalan Soo Hup Seng Sdn Bhd
165, 1st Floor, Victoria Street,
10300 Penang, Malaysia.